This is a repost of my first blogpost which is hosted on my Raspberry Pi Cluster (04 July 2017), that runs Docker Swarm and is served from my Home in South Africa, and can be accessed on http://blog.pistack.co.za
Just Look at It!
- 3x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 3x 32GB Sandisk SD Cards (Replicated GlusterFS Volume for
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A
I have 3x Raspberrypi 3’s, each with a 32GB SanDisk SD Card, formatted with Raspbian Jessie Lite, powered by a 6 Port USB Hub and networked with a Totolink 5 Port Gigabit Switch, but note that: the Rpi does not support Gigabit Networking
For persistent storage I have setup a Replicated GlusterFS Volume across the 3 nodes.
More details on how I did the setup, can be found from the Setting Up a Docker Swarm Cluster on RaspberryPi Nodes blog post.
Thanks for the visit, I will blog about awesome Docker and RaspberryPi related stuff as my mind stumble along awesome ideas :)